Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Top Note Weave


Ok, so this is something that has been in my brain for a while, and I finally got around to doing it tonight. I will try to post a video tutorial on Thursday when I am off of work, but here is a picture and a written tutorial. The picture is NOT great, and you can see that I tore the paper slightly, so try not to do that! lol

Ok, so first of all, you cut out your top note die using any color of Stampin' Up card stock. Then using a Hobby Blade and a cutting mat(I used a glass mat) and a metal edged ruler, cut slits in the Top Note die cut you just cut out. The slits will be 1/2" apart and 2 3/4" to 3" in length from top to bottom.

Take a piece of Designer Series Paper and cut 4 - 4" x 1/2" strips. Take these strips and weave them into the slits in the Top Note die cut. Tape the strips on the back so they do not come out while you are working the others in. And that's about it. You can now use this for a card front.

Like I said, I will try to post a video on Thursday! :)

Steph

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea. I would never have seen the very slight tear in the paper if you hadn't mentioned it. Then I had to look for it very carefully. I am going to have to make this one. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Carey Rogers
    aka Roscoe's mommy

    ReplyDelete

 

Steph Sullins Stamps Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates