Thursday, December 31, 2009
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Ok, so this is something that has been in my brain for a while, and I finally got around to doing it tonight. I will try to post a video tutorial on Thursday when I am off of work, but here is a picture and a written tutorial. The picture is NOT great, and you can see that I tore the paper slightly, so try not to do that! lol
Ok, so first of all, you cut out your top note die using any color of Stampin' Up card stock. Then using a Hobby Blade and a cutting mat(I used a glass mat) and a metal edged ruler, cut slits in the Top Note die cut you just cut out. The slits will be 1/2" apart and 2 3/4" to 3" in length from top to bottom.
Take a piece of Designer Series Paper and cut 4 - 4" x 1/2" strips. Take these strips and weave them into the slits in the Top Note die cut. Tape the strips on the back so they do not come out while you are working the others in. And that's about it. You can now use this for a card front.
Like I said, I will try to post a video on Thursday! :)
I have decided to make a 2010 Goal Scrapbook. I haven't decided yet what I am going to use for the actual book, but I have come up with my 2010 Goals. I have decided that 2010 is gonna be my year! I have been saying this for the past several years, but this year I finally have conviction! I AM going to do it!!
- Get Fit - I am going to use P90X and eat better. I have about 80 lbs to lose!
- Read the entire Bible - I have yet to do this and it is time.
- Stampin' Up Business - take it from hobby business to something I can be proud of!
- Learn to Sew - I have a sewing machine, just need to relearn how to use it.
- Grow a Garden - we will be using containers on our porch for this, but I believe we need to eat better and more organically.
- Stockpile - I want to be prepared for anything, so I am planning on stockpiling food and other items again, will be using the Grocery Game for this.
- Recycle - I have wanted to do this for quite some time and we just need to do it!
- Earn More/Save More - I need to earn more money so that I can actually have a savings account!
- Get Organized - in all aspects of my life!
- Walk the Walk - I can say I am a good Christian, but I want people to look at me and know it!
I will post pictures of my book as I work on it!:) My challenge to you: make a Goals Scrapbook or notebook for 2010! Scrap a page for each goal and scrap as you complete each stage of each goal!
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Ok, so I had this idea that I would like to share a tip every week on how to save money and/or recycle supplies to help save the planet. So, this week I have made a video on how to put together our wonderful Stampin' Up stamps, and what I do with the excess rubber from all of those sets. This will not be new to many of you, but to some it will, so I decided to share it. Be gentle, because this is only my second video and only my first one with my voice on it. I do not care for how I sound on video! lol Enjoy!
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Some Christmas presents I made for my family. I CASE'd the idea off another blog and then made it my own out of necessity (lol, I did not have the All In the Family stamp set that it called for, so I just wrote everyone's names in the white uniball gel pen.)
Here are some things I made for the craft show I recently had:
Top Note Gift Boxes:
Post It Note Holders:
Post It Keychains:
Ghirradelli Chocolate Holders:
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
This blog has been sitting here doing nothing, so I decided to start actually using it!I have a craft show this weekend, so I have a TON of stuff to get done. Had a Stamp Club on Sunday, and it was so fun that I cannot wait until next month where I am teaching how to make Squash Books! If you are in the Kansas City, MO area and would like to join us at Stamp Club or any of our workshops, just leave me a comment and I will get you the info!